Sunday, August 30, 2009

A Year Later


A year ago I started this blog as a way of venting my anxiety and frustration at the discourse of American politics. Frankly I was a mess. I didn't believe enough in the electoral process, in the intelligence of the American people, or in the integrity of the media, to believe that a smart bi-racial, youthful, energetic man with an extraordinary wife and a vision for our country and the world could ever be elected president. Thankfully I was wrong.

Although I am still anxious about the content and intensity of our public debate, especially around health care, race, and the role of government, see a gaping hole in our democracy as to who runs, who votes, and whose votes get counted, and watch with trepidation the disintegration of the media, I've decided to stop blogging.

I woke up this morning to the sound of a bird singing. There are many voices out there, and mine hopefully didn't just add to the noise, but helped find a path through it for those who found Ascension at the Stove. Words come easily to me, and perhaps there will be a time when I blog again, but today seemed like the perfect occasion to say "goodbye."

1 comment:

Arctic Dakini said...

wishing you all you hope for -

Aloha

Arcticdreamer